Hailey Josephine

Hailey Josephine

Aubrey Christine

Aubrey Christine

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our First real bad night.. 3 weeks old





Ok we had our first real bad night... Hailey was fussy, crying and awake from 5:30pm till about 10:30pm. She had horrible gas pain or was having tummy issues. We tried everything to make her feel better, even stuck her in the bath for 20 minutes (that was the only thing that kept her quiet). We are not sure if it is colic or we think it was something I ate that was passed through the breast milk. Let me tell you it was really hard to listen to her cry in such pain and there is nothing you can do. Jc and I had to take a few breaks and deep breaths, just to keep sane. Hopefully it won't be repeated tonight. On a brighter note she did end up sleeping 5.5 hours (once we got her to sleep). Today was a great day... I took Hailey for her first professional photos. She did really well, till about the last 5 minutes and she needed a snack to top her off. Today is our 3year anniversary and Hailey turned 3 weeks old. It's amazing how time fly's and what our life has become. We are so blessed.

9 comments:

Paige said...

Those terrible nights are the true initiation into motherhood. I am not looking forward to that again.

The Hines Family said...

That totally stinks! Hopefully you won't have very many repeats of last night. Hailey's pics are precious!

The Groves Family said...

I love all the beautiful new pictures!!! She looks so adorable in that little blue outfit! Happy Anniversary! Hope you and JC have a good night tonight.

The Q. Family said...

I totally agree with paige, it's like a right of passage going through the fussiness and hours of crying in the beginning.... I hope tonight goes much better for you and I can promise it *does* get better and the crying starts to become a distant memory. I love the pictures! They turned out beautiful!

Justin and Allison said...

We had a terrible night of screaming when Caroline was about 2 weeks old. She cried for about 5-6 hours straight...the screaming cry. I was sure she would be colicky. However,it never really happened again. It probably was just something I ate, or maybe her just getting adjusted to life outside the womb. The pictures are wonderful...she is so strong to already be holding her head up like that.

Summer said...

thank you! and yes, they do grow up fast...too fast. i cant believe hailey is already 3 weeks old. time really does fly. she is so adorable. i am still trying to decide who she looks like. i am thinking jc, but then i see some of you in her too! the pictures are great. and oh yes, welcome to motherhood. hopefully she wont have any more nights like that. it does just break your heart to hear them cry like that. that is one of the bad things about breastfeeding. you constantly have to watch everything you put into your mouth. i have had to give up so many things that i love to eat and drink...just tonight, no salsa for me....boo!!!

Summer said...

oh, and happy annivesary. i hope that you and jc have had a wonderful day. it is amazing how much your life can change in just a few years!

HILER said...

I meant to call you & forgot! Happy Anniversary! Hang in there. Those crazy nights are usually few & far between! Love love the pics!

Vandi said...

What cute pictures of sweet Hailey!! Those turned out really good. Congrats on another year a marriage...this year is extra special! Poor Hailey baby...I'm sure she was just gassy. It's such a trial and error on things you can/can't have when your breastfeeding.

Our Buddies