Hailey Josephine

Hailey Josephine

Aubrey Christine

Aubrey Christine

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Virus vs. Virus

Well, since Hailey's Birthday our house has been full of bugs...
2 days before Hailey's birthday she started getting the typical runny nose junk. I started giving her Zyrtec. Didn't really help but only with the watery eyes. Then she would wake up randomly during the night crying but fall right back to sleep... figure she was getting an ear infection. Since, her one year check up was in a few days I waited to take her. Because, I knew they would say it's just a virus (we all know virus run their course 7-10 days). So at her check up she did had another ear infection. Which is concerning considering it's not even winter and this is her 2 second one in 2 months. So we continue on the Zyrtec and started antibiotics. Then on Thursday and Friday I was home sick with a horrible GI bug. Hailey was shipped off and JC slept in the other room :(. Now ,I have sterilized my house and we are on day 7 of antibiotics for Hailey. What happens today she... she has fever... fabulous. So I call the pedi, she is concerned it could still be her ears. So back to the office we went. Nope ears are fine and influenza A is negative (wonderful)... it's just another virus. So virus on top of virus, we are going to fight through it. It is going to be a long winter.
Hailey a year ago...

Hailey Today...Wow they sure do grow :)

1 comment:

Justin and Allison said...

They do grow so fast. It seemed Caroline had a perma cold all last year. Luckily, she has not developed anything this fall yet, knock on wood. Hopefully your sweet girl gets well soon. I know it can be concerning when it seems repetitive.

Our Buddies