Tuesday at 12:56pm Aubrey Christine was born!! Our day started off with cooking pink pancakes for Hailey and then JC & I were off to the hospital. The thing about being a scheduled c-section is you get a time and a date to show up!! It is kinda nerve racking not going into labor and just driving in to the hosptial to have a baby. We got to the hospital by 10 am and they prepped me for the OR. All our families showed up around 11am and by 12pm JC and I were back in the OR for my epidural and birth. The NICU team was there for the delivery (as a courtesy to me love them)!! The C-section went well and by 12:56pm Aubrey Christine Williams was born!! She weighed 7 lbs 6.5oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Right after the c-section she had really wet lungs from the c-section and was breathing really fast so my lovely co-workers had to take her to the NICU transition. In transition they have to be put on monitors and watched for at least 6 hours. And by 6 hours if all has resolved then she gets to go to newborn nursery. So while she was in transition, I was recovering and waiting for my epidural to wear off (which takes about 8 hours). By 6 hours our pediatrician came to see Aubrey and she was still breathing to fast (but not requiring oxygen) and had a soft heart murmur. So to be on the safe side she had to be admitted to the NICU, for some IV fluids, feedings, antibiotics and monitoring. I still couldn't go see her yet, which I think was the hardest part. So by 9pm I was up walking and in the wheel chair heading down to see my baby girl. By this time she was doing much better but still breathing fast at times. By Wednesday morning all had resolved but still had the soft murmur. We were waiting on the ECHO results before they would let her go back upstairs with us. By 5:30pm all was clear and she was in the room with us.... fabulous!! Hailey came up that evening and got to see Aubrey for the first time. She was so happy and wanted to hold her right away!! By Thursday late afternoon we got to home. Which was wonderful because I just can't sleep well in the hospital. Now we are adjusting to the life of a family of four and I couldn't be more blessed. Thank you God for all my Blessing, a loving and caring husband, a loving family and two beautiful daughters!!
Getting ready to meet Aubrey
Dr.L said she came out kicking and fighting them!!
Hello world here I am... fist and all!!
Weighed 7 lbs 6.5 oz and 19 1/2 inches long
First family photo
In Transition
Meeting Mimi and Nana
Loving that stinky binky already
Meeting Mema and Papa (Great Grandparents)
Precious Baby Girl
Getting to see my girl, after the c-section on my way to our room
Finally able to get out of bed (after about 9 hours recovery) and off to the NICU to hold our girl
Hailey helping push me back to my room! She couldn't go into the NICU but we told her Aubrey was taking a nap downstairs and we had to be quiet.
The next morning in the NICU
Go Red Raider !!
Hailey meeting Aubrey for the first time. Sisterly love!! MY GIRLS!!
Papa holding
Mema Holding
Papaw Holding
PopPop Holding
Our First Family Photo!!
4 generation picture
In the Car Seat on our way home
Home at last!!
Wendi getting to hold Aubrey for the first time. Because Aubrey was in the NICU she couldn't see her or hold her. Then my niece got sick so she couldn't come up to the hospital. Happy Aunt Now!!Uncle Mark Holding
Uncle Travis getting to finally hold
Finally Home and Sleeping!!



2 comments:
Aw, sweet baby girl! Congrats!!
JC and Tiffany: JC knows me, but Tiffany, Hailey, and Aubrey have yet to meet their mysterious Aunt Alice. Sorry I haven't been able to come down to see ya. Maybe after I get to Sacramento (they are still getting the paperwork together for my new job position) that I can come back in style and spoil my " great nieces by proxy" or if you prefer, my 3rd cousins.
Blessings and Love to you,
Aunt Alice
Post a Comment