Well... where do we start!! 2 weeks ago, my Grandparents came in town to visit Mallory for the first time. So, Hailey got to spend a lot of time with Mema & Papa :) During that week, is when JC and I had the most scariest moment as parents. We had spent the evening at my sister's to have dinner. So, we got home late and Hailey was really crabby. I took her out of the car (with no shoes on) and she just kept saying "mama I want to hold you". JC and I thought wow she is crabby and needs a bath, then bed. So, I take her upstairs and start giving her a bath. She was crying the whole time, then I'm yelling for JC to just bring me the binky so she will stop crying. By the time he came around the corner I was getting her out and notice red blotches all over her body. JC and I thought maybe it was from her crying. Then they started whelping up. We pick her up and took her to her room to put a diaper on. As I lay her down her whole body is covered in huge big red and white whelps (hives) and her face is starting to swell. PANIC - JC and I just start moving really fast. He went to get benadryl. By the time he came back, her whole face is swollen and eyes are almost shut (Hailey freaking out, not taking benadryl). JC says I'm calling 911, I just said no we are going to the children's hospital (maybe 4-5 blocks down from our house). Now, this is not the children's hospital that I work at or would choose to go to if I had a choice.... But was the closest. We ran and got in the car, I'm holding Hailey because the nurse in me was freaking out in my head that she was going to stop breathing. Note - all this happen in a matter of 5 minutes. Well, to make a long story short... we were not happy with are 15 minute ER wait in the waiting room before someone actually looked at our child. But at least in that wait she didn't get worse and was trying to talk to us through all the swelling. Her poor ears were even swollen, looked like "Hitch" on the movie Hitch. She did end up getting an Epi shot and IV meds. 2 hours later we were home very freaked out because we have no clue what caused it and the next reaction could be worse. The next day after our event, Hailey's face was still moderately swollen so I took her to the pedi. As I'm putting her in the car ants start biting my feet - Light Bulb - I put Hailey do in that same spot with no shoes on. Maybe she got bit by ants. At the pedi office we talked out her whole day and what she did and ate (which she did have a peanut butter & Jelly sandwich, plus honey nut cheerios). But I strongly feel that it wasn't a peanut allergy, because she has eaten all that before. We search her whole body which still had hives but nothing like before. Between one of the toes we found one ant bite!! My pedi was not totally convinced that is what caused the problem but she does react to mosquito bites. By the end of that day as the swelling went down, she ended up having 4 ant bites on that one toe. I feel that is really what caused the reaction and it didn't help that I put her in a hot bath. So now we have to carry epi pens around with us just in case!!! Hopefully this will be the last scary moment for mom and dad.
Moving on... so this past week my Grandma came in town to meet Mallory also. Hailey is so blessed to have great-grandparents to be alive and to love!! We also went to Houston this weekend (post those pics later) to spend some time with the Hilers!! The kiddos love playing with each other and we wished we lived closer. We also, got to go to Gina's baby shower to, but sadly didn't take any pics... I think Summer got some. It was a very short trip because I had to work. But us KD girls were talking and think that we need to have big KD get together ..maybe in the Dallas area b/c more of ya'll are there.

Jumping off the Diving Board

Playing on the Raft



Singing and Dancing with Mema


Showing off her big girl skills with the big spoon

Smilign with Uncle Trav (Hailey's face is still a little puffy, but way better)

Mom and Hailey taking a photo together

Papa holding Mallory... I think this pic is cool b/c the clock is frozen in time

My Sweet Pea Mallory

JC giving Mallory some love


Hailey is into Disney Princess's so she is reading her books with Nana and Grandma
Hailey enjoying a blizzard on a hot day
Hailey giving Papa Hugs
Cool Girl!!
Watching Mallory
Generation Pictures
GrandKids and Great GrandKids
3 comments:
How scary! Thank goodness you are a nurse and knew what to do.
it was great to see yall on saturday and meet hailey! i just posted some pics of the girls on my blog!
That is so scary. Glad she is ok!
Post a Comment