
Hailey is now 10 months and the count down begins till her first birthday. I'm super, super excited to plan her first birthday. JC thinks that I'm a little over the top, but you only turn one once. I know, I know, she won't remember it... but I will :)
Hailey's brags for 10 months:
~She has her first tooth (on bottom), with the top 2 coming in now (note to parents teething is not fun)
~Foods: we are still orienting different table foods. But some of her favorites are avocado, any kind of bread, rice, beans, Mandarin oranges (a must), mix veggies (corn, peas, carrots, and green beans), loves cheerios, oatmeal, goldfish, chicken nuggets. She is always willing to try stuff but does not always like the textures. She hates banana's but loves banana oatmeal and banana baby food.
~ Words: Mama, Da, Uh-Oh, bock(not really sure what that means but we keep telling her chicken's say bock), and yesterday we got her to say milk (came out "ILK").
~ Walking everywhere and now she loves to dance when ever we put the kid's music channel on. She bounces and moves her arms to the music (It's so adorable)
~ She will be taking her first airplane ride and big trip to Alaska on FRIDAY!! Wish us luck!!
~ She loves to swim or just play in anything with water.
~She loves to show you anything and everything she gets in her hand... like look what I've got
~ She has this new obsession with stuff animals, Loves to walk around with them, loves to hug on them and throw them over her shoulder.
Over all she just has a great personality at this age. She laughs and smiles all the time. I'm so blessed that god gave JC and I such a happy child!!
Thought this picture was funny.. not sure what she is doing!!
She loves walking around with her snuggles

**** Side note: We are dealing with the terrible, horrible, down right, no good teething.
I wanted her to have teeth so bad, and when the first one came in I thought wow we have it easy. But NO, I spoke to soon!! I feel so bad for JC because he has been home with her when she has had her bad days :(, I'm sorry, you are the best daddy!! Sunday is when it all started, she had many loose stools and then came the very bright red diaper rash from her chichi to her bootie. He said she would scream every time he changed her diaper and she even lost it in the bath tub. By the time I got home she was so upset and she just clinged to me. JC said he tried to feel her teeth and she started crying balistically. So we knew all these signs were related to her teething. It is so hard to see your child in pain. So to end the night, as a group effort we changed her one more time, lots of diaper ointment, oragel, tylenol and rocked her to sleep. Surprisingly she slept pretty well, she woke up once around 2ish but fell back asleep, then 6:15am she was up crying. She had pooped again and didn't like her diaper to be changed. So yesterday she got the BRAT diet and that seem to help the pooping. But the diaper rash wasn't getting any better, but her attitude was. So after her bath she got to run around naked to air it out, then mixed some stuff together and lathered it on her rash. Today, still not better and now the rash is bleeding a little. So since I had to work, JC took her to the pedi. The doctor said it was bad but we just needed to keep doing what we were doing. My poor baby!!
2 comments:
{{hugs}} poor little boo!
Not sure if you're looking for suggestions of something different to try, but Collin gets diaper rash bad when he teethes too and this is what we do:
A) Give Motrin instead of Tylenol at night (it lasts longer)
B) After bath, use a blow dryer (on cool setting) to blow dry her bottom as much as possible.
C) Then apply Cortaid (it is typically used to prevent rashes from itching/irritating directly to the rash.
D) Use blow dryer again to dry the Cortaid.
E) Apply Triple Paste- it's one of the most expensive diaper rash creams out there but it is the bomb-diggity. You can find it at some WalMarts but definitely Babies R Us and Target too. Apply it liberally.
F) Diaper rash should be better by the morning!
G) Continue BRAT diet if she still has loose stools! Lots of fiber too!
Good luck sweetie!
We use A&D or plain Aquaphor & frost her like a cake! Avoid the oranges or any other citrus (tomatoes, apples, juice, etc) when she has loose stools...it makes them worse. Motrin is definitely better than Tylenol!
Bless her heart (and yours too)! It has to be miserable. Love yall!
Post a Comment